Call us for a quote 0191 488 8581
Gas Safe

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate / CP12

The Gas Safety Regulations Act (1998) states that it is a legal responsibility for every landlord in the UK to carry out a Gas Safety Certificate for their rental properties.

This must be renewed every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to ensure safe and fully functioning gas, boilers and flues appliances.

What is the Landlords Gas Safety Certificate?

A Landlords Gas Safety Certificate is required by all UK landlords to provide proof to potential and existing tenants, that the property’s gas appliances have been checked annually and are safe.

What Landlords need to know

  • Once your annual check has been carried out by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer, you will get your CP12 certificate, which you’ll then be required to provide a copy to your current tenants within 28 days and any new tenants that move in.
  • CP12 certificates must be kept for at least two years; so be sure that you must keep a copy of any old certificates for your records.
  • The check must only be carried out by a regulated Gas Safe Registered Engineer, or your certification will not be legal.

Gas Safe Registered

Contact us today to arrange an appointment, we can liaise with your tenant to make the process easier and send your CP12 certificate direct to yourself once completed.


  • Drainage

    Having toilet troubles or a blockage in your pipe work? Whickham Plumbing can help with any drainage issues and repair or resolve any problems quickly and efficiently.

    Learn More >
  • Plumbing

    We cover a comprehensive range of plumbing services. Our skilled Gas Safe engineers are qualified, experienced, polite and on-hand to assist you

    Learn More >